Hi everyone! I'm on the tail-end of upgrading a client to Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 R2 and came up on an interesting issue when attempting to update Management Reporter 2012 CU6 to CU9.Background
In order to create my client's test environment for this upgrade, we cloned their production VMWare environment and went through all the usual server renames, static IP changes, SQL Server renaming, and so forth.
For the Management Reporter 2012 database server, we followed the applicable entries outlined in How to move Microsoft Management Reporter 2012 to a new server
access required), and in particular we removed the Application and Process services then ran the T-SQL script to re-create the certificate and symmetric key.
Once these portions of the configuration were in place, we proceeded to install Management Reporter 2012 CU9, first installing the Application and Process services - which also performed the overall ManagementReporter database update.
Next was to create the Data Mart database.
When we tried to connect to the Dynamics GP server to retrieve a list of the available databases to select the system database, we stumbled upon the following error: "Couldn't retrieve the list of available databases. The connection attempt failed.
|Configuration Console - Dynamics GP Connection information error when clicking on the Database drop-down list|
When I checked the Event Viewer, the following entry could be seen:The encrypted setting, Password, could not be decrypted. --- Exception Dump --- Caught Exception: [System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException] Encrypted data was invalid and cannot be decrypted. Stack trace: …