The payroll year end update is a key component to the year end process. It is very important to ensure the payroll year end install and upgrade goes as smooth as possible. Review the install and upgrade tips below to ensure your payroll year end update installation is successful!
Install and Upgrade Overview
1. The 2011 payroll year end release is only available for Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 and Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010.
2. The Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 release is an EXE file. If you would like to push the update out to client workstations, the MSP for Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 can be downloaded from the link below:
3. The Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 release is an MSP file.
4. All MSP and EXE files are cumulative. All prior service packs, hotfixes, compliance, and year end updates are included in the most recent release.
a. For example, Service Pack 2 is included in the most recent update for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010.
5. The update must be installed at all servers and workstations that have a Microsoft Dynamics GP installation otherwise a version error will occur when launching Microsoft Dynamics GP.
Pre-Install and Upgrade Tips
1. Backup the DYNAMICS database and all company databases prior to installing the year end update.
2. Export all modified reports and forms to package files. (Microsoft Dynamics GP | Tools | Customize | Customization Maintenance).
3. Make a backup copy of the modified reports and forms .DIC files. Refer to the Dynamics.set file for the path to the modified .DIC files.
4. Configure a test environment to test the upgrade prior to installing in the live environment.
Install and Upgrade Tips
1. The user running the MSP or EXE update must have local admin rights on the workstation or server operating system.
2. When installing the update at the first machine, there are two components to the installation:
a. Upgrade the application install
b. Upgrade DYNAMICS and all company databases in Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilities
3. Typically, the update is installed at the SQL Server first to upgrade the databases in Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilities.
4. Verify the Microsoft Dynamics GP installation used to upgrade the databases includes all additional product installations. For example, if Project Accounting is used, verify…