Welcome to another edition of From the Newsgroups
. In this installment we will look at a question posted in the Partner Online Technical Community newsgroup. The partner needed to know if it was possible to configure Microsoft Dynamics GP Business Alerts to submit posting errors to application adminstrators when using an auto-posting tool.
Q: Is it possible to setup a GP Business Alert to notify someone when a scheduled SOP batch (or any other GP batch) fails to post? The background to this is we are using MC2 GP Agent module to autopost the imported SOP invoice batches. This will happen many times a day. To avoid the need for a person monitoring the automated posting process, we want an alert to be generated when the posting process fails.
The response comes courtesy of Dave Bader
, Moderator of the Partner Online Technical Community, enhanced by me with pictures to facilitate the explanation.
I have been looking at the SY00500 which is the Posting Definitions Master and I have an option that may work for you on the Business Alert.
1. Create a new Business Alert.
2. Select the Series as Company.
3. Select the Posting Definitions Master as the Table.
4. In the Define Alert Formula window select the table and use the column name Batch Error Messages 1 and add that to the formula.
5. Select the symbol.
6. In the Constants field enter in 2 single quotes ''.
7. Select the OR symbol.
8. Select Batch Error Messages 2 and add that field.
7. Select the symbol.
8. In the Constants field enter in 2 single quotes ''.