Search all GP Blogs, Groups and Forums New!
GPWindow is Everything Dynamics GP. Try the Custom GP Search engine which searches high quality GP Blogs, and the Microsoft Dynamics GP Community Forums.
CRM 4.0 Adapter
Microsoft has finally released a couple FREE integration options for GP with CRM 4.0
1. CRM 4.0 adapter to GP. In the beginning, it will just allow integration of basic information (i.e. does not include CRM custom entities and can't be modified), however it will be more extensible later…
Lessons Learned: CRM 4.0 Adapter for GP 10.0
We are excited about this new integration, so we jumped right in, and installed it on our production systems. Our systems engineer is a genius, and what follows are his comments related to his experience. Consider this an experiential addendum:
1. Must have GP 10 SP4 applied. (There are caveats to sp4 so be aware)
2. Must have at least rollup5 for CRM applied. (Rollup6 was out in Oct 2009 so I used rollup6)
3. Must have GPwebservices for GP10 sp4 and Management tools sp4 installed.
- Had issues with the GPwebSerice not showing up in Dynamics Security console.
- Ran a repair on the GPWebServices and the management tools and it resolved the issue.
4. Must have Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package ATL Security Update applied to same server GPwebservices is installed. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2#filelist
5. Must have domain service accounts created.…
A Critical Miss in CRM - GP Adapter
This is the first time I am working on CRM GP Adapter, and I am closely monitoring it being implemented and not working on it directly.
In our business scenario, we maintain different SOP Order Document IDs for different Departments and there by different running SOP Order Document Numbers. For instance, Sales Department Orders will have a Document ID as SALES and SOP Number Sequence will be something like SALES-0000001. Services Department Orders will have a Document ID as SERVS and SOP Number Sequence will be something like SERVS-0000001 and so on.
Incidentally, when I was working on CRM Order Integration to GP Sales Order, I was curious to know how the Sales Order in GP is created by using which Document ID and which running sequence number…
CRM modifies Employee Behavior
Deploying CRM in an organization brings about changes in business processes and modifies employee behavior. CRM…
I know about CRM, but what is xRM?
The acronymn CRM stands for Customer Relationship Management and refers to automation of the marketing, sales and customer service areas of a…
Microsoft ships freebies for Dynamics CRM Online
There have been several postings about Microsoft's CRM announcements at Convergence but I thought this post by David…
CRM and GP as a Bundle
I recently read a good article from Scribe Software on the challenges of integrating ERP's with Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Link to it here.
The white paper concentrates on Data Replication (e.g. keeping you customer list in two places), Data Synchronisation (e.g. Keeping all the phone numbers the same) and Process Integration (moving quotes from CRM to Orders in GP).
The short of this is that replicating data across any two systems is a challenge - but something that is handled pretty well by the SmartConnect templates as well as the Scribe Templates. All of this is good and an essential part of many CRM to GP integrations. But it is not sexy. It is not exciting. It is not inspiring.
While the GP/CRM bundle has to have all the features discussed above - this is not a 'selling feature' it is an 'expected feature'. AccPac, Sales Force, NetSuite all have solutions that Replicate…
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 and Microsoft CRM 4.0/ Microsoft CRM Online Connector Now Available!
We are very happy to announce the availability of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Connector Feature Pack #3 for Microsoft Dynamics GP. It will be available on Partner Source today!
The most important aspect of this release is the support for integration between Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0/Microsoft CRM Online and Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010!!!
It is also important to note that this new Connector will also be compatible with Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 and Microsoft CRM 4.0/Microsoft CRM Online.
This Feature Pack #3 also includes:
- Registration Keys Support (When Installing the Connector)
- Support for Distributed Discovery and Deployment of Microsoft Dynamics CRM servers
- Additional Microsoft Dynamics GP Object Providers:…
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 (BETA) Adapter for Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 SP4 – Integration DemoMate File – NOW AVAILABLE!!
We are excited to announce the availability of a new DemoMate demonstration file for the new Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 (BETA) Adapter for Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 SP4.
Effortlessly demonstrate the updating of customer information within Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 and watch the customer information on the Customer Card within Microsoft Dynamics GP…
0% Financing Promotion for new Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Microsoft Dynamics ERP Customers
With the tough Economic times going on right now Microsoft is offering 0% financing to new CRM and ERP Customers. Please review complete details on ParnerSource here: 0% Financing Info
How the 0% Financing promotion can help you:
- Drive new sales by introducing the 0% interest promotion to…
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 (BETA) Adaptor for Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 SP4 Demo
The Microsoft Dynamics GP product management and marketing team are excited to announce the availability of a new DemoMate demonstration file for the new Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 (BETA) Adapter for Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 SP4.
CRM GP Adapter Series - Versions & Improvements
Till now, Microsoft Dynamics Team has released 4 versions of this CRM GP Adapter:
1. CRM Adapter Base Version - GP 10 & CRM 4
Details of this release can be read by clicking the above link. There is a terrific list of FAQ and much needed information. As the title says, it's the base version and did what it was meant to. Read all CRM fields and make it available for GP integration and vice versa.
2. CRM Adapter FP1 - GP 10 & CRM 4
Tremendous improvement with this FP1. Below are the notable ones:
2.1. CRM Custom Fields are made available for Integration Mapping.
2.2. Critical fixes pertaining to previous release.
2.3. Integration Status messages are more meaningful and logging of those messages (from GP Web…
CRM GP Adapter Series - Overview
The best thing that could happen for Dynamics GP is the CRM Integration tool. This leverages the GP Functionality and extends it to CRM (or vice versa may be). There are so many things that I could talk about this beautiful Integration Tool. Some of them are:
1. Free of cost (though it must be obtained thru' a Partner).
2. No extra software licenses.
3. eConnect as backbone.
4. Utilizes GP Web Services thoroughly.
5. Easy to use.
6. Scheduling each and every Integration to and fro GP & CRM.
7. A perfect two-way integration…