This is a post about a very obscure topic that I normally would avoid, but since I spent the last several days dealing with it, I thought I would share the love. If I ran into this problem with a very simple .NET eConnect integration, anyone could run into it.
I recently deployed three eConnect 9 imports at a client site, just like I've done with dozens and dozens of .NET eConnect integrations.
The client uses Citrix, and has two load balanced application servers for Dynamics GP. To install my three imports, we had to install them on both of the Citrix servers. The installs went fine, the apps all appeared to work well, and I thought my work was done.
Until the key business user launches one of the imports and gets an error. The app doesn't launch, no windows appear, she just sees a "crash" error message.
After further testing, we find that the app launches fine on Citrix server #1, but gives her the error on Citrix server #2. Exact same app.
I then check Event Viewer and see some arcane error messages related to the application crash. They are basically generic .NET errors that don't provide any guidance as to the cause of the crash. EventType clr20r3, P1 invoiceimport.exe, P2 184.108.40.206, P3 4c374d29, P4 mscorlib, P5 220.127.116.11....
I find out that these are very generic .NET errors that are occurring because I do not have an error…