Welcome to the first installment of this 3-day workshop! The workshop will be conducted today Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. The format is simple: get your laptop or PC with Dynamics GP 10.0 and follow the instructions below. Try to complete each section of the workshop and post your questions. That's it!
Today's workshop will focus on the essentials of Modifier
by working with the Equipment Maintenance
window in the Field Service
series. The topics to be covered are as follow:
Modifying the Equipment Maintenance Window
- Adding a window to Modifier
- Adding extra fields and controls to a modified window
- Working with field properties
- Linking fields to prompts
- Linking lookups to fields
- Granting security to modified windows
The Equipment Maitenance window will require a new field, the Regulatory Entity, and a new Lookup button that will call our Customer Lookup window.
1) Open the Equipment Maintenance window. Go to Cards > Field Service > Equipment.
2) From Tools menu, select Customize, then choose Modify Current Window to open Modifier
3) Click the Static Text tool on the Toolbox window to add…